VIRT-XML-VALIDATE.INSection: Virtualization Support (1)
Index Return to Main Contents
virt-xml-validate - validate libvirt XML files against a schema
virt-xml-validate XML-FILE [SCHEMA-NAME]
DESCRIPTIONValidates a libvirt XML for compliance with the published schema. The first compulsory argument is the path to the XML file to be validated. The optional second argument is the name of the schema to validate against. If omitted, the schema name will be inferred from the name of the root element in the XML document.
Valid schema names currently include
- The schema for the XML format used by guest domains configuration
- The schema for the XML format used by virtual network configuration
- The schema for the XML format used by storage pool configuration
- The schema for the XML format used by storage volume descriptions
- The schema for the XML format used by node device descriptions
- The schema for the XML format used to declare driver capabilities
EXIT STATUSUpon successful validation, an exit status of 0 will be set. Upon failure a non-zero status will be set.
BUGSReport any bugs discovered to the libvirt community via the mailing list "http://libvirt.org/contact.html" or bug tracker "http://libvirt.org/bugs.html". Alternatively report bugs to your software distributor / vendor.
COPYRIGHTCopyright (C) 2009-2010 by Red Hat, Inc. Copyright (C) 2009 by Daniel P. Berrange
LICENSEvirt-xml-validate is distributed under the terms of the GNU GPL v2+. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE
SEE ALSOvirsh(1), online XML format descriptions "http://libvirt.org/format.html"
This document was created by man2html, using the manual pages.
Time: 05:29:12 GMT, December 24, 2015