certmongerSection: Maintenance Commands (8)
Updated: 7 June 2010
Index Return to Main Contents
SYNOPSIScertmaster-submit [-h serverHost] [-c cafile] [-C capath] [csrfile]
DESCRIPTIONcertmaster-submit is the helper which certmonger uses to make requests to certmaster-based CAs. It is not normally run interactively, but it can be for troubleshooting purposes. The signing request which is to be submitted should either be in a file whose name is given as an argument, or fed into certmaster-submit via stdin.
- -h serverHost
- Submit the request to the certmaster instance running on the named host. The default is localhost:51235 if a file named /var/run/certmaster.pid is found on the local system, and is read from /etc/certmaster/minion.conf if that file is not found.
- -c cafile
- Submit the request over HTTPS instead of HTTP, and only trust the server if its certificate was issued by the CA whose certificate is in the named file.
- -C capath
Submit the request over HTTPS instead of HTTP, and only trust the server
if its certificate was issued by a CA whose certificate is in a file in
the named directory.
- if the certificate was issued. The certificate will be printed.
- if the CA is still thinking. A cookie value will be printed.
- if the CA rejected the request. An error message may be printed.
- if the CA was unreachable. An error message may be printed.
if critical configuration information is missing. An error message may be printed.
- the certmaster service's PID file. Its presence is taken to indicate that this system is a CA, and that requests should be submitted to a certmaster server running on the local system.
the certmaster minion configuration file. If there is no indication that the
local system is a certmaster server, then this file is consulted to determine
the location of the certmaster server.
KNOWN BUGSChecking for the existence of certmaster's PID file is a terrible way to figure out whether we're a minion or not.
BUGSPlease file tickets for any that you find at https://fedorahosted.org/certmonger/
SEE ALSOcertmonger(8) getcert(1) getcert-list(1) getcert-list-cas(1) getcert-resubmit(1) getcert-start-tracking(1) getcert-stop-tracking(1) certmonger-ipa-submit(8)
This document was created by man2html, using the manual pages.
Time: 05:34:24 GMT, December 24, 2015